I created a puppet that represents myself.
I used the comedy/tragedy theatrical masks to portray my [frequent/usually unnecessary] dramatic mood alternations that are in complete control of my actions and reactions to my surroundings.
The puppet moves in steps.
1. The curtain opens by pulling two strings attached at the back.
2. The puppet is pulled upwards by a lever that penetrates the head of the puppet and exits through a hole in the top center of the stage. This allows the puppet to stand upright as it’s being supported by hinges attached to each knee.
3. A string attached to the white cloth is pulled back to reveal the different emotions that are expressed when in the “comic” state of mind.
4. The puppet rotates by using the same lever attached to the head to reveal the opposing state of mind. As this is being done, the puppet will either get dangled between the strings that hold the styrofoam balls, cut through them, or rotate with ease. These hung obstacles symbolize the different encounters that I face on a daily basis, leaving me either lagging behind, unable to move forward, or passing through them with ease.
5. A string attached to the black cloth is pulled back to reveal the different emotions that are expressed when in the “tragic” state of mind.
6. The lever is pushed down, forcing the puppet down on its knees.
7. The curtain closes.